About Gifford - Our ethos & values
Gifford Primary is an outstanding four-form entry school with a Nursery and a Hearing Impaired Provision in Northolt, part of the London Borough of Ealing.
At Gifford, we are proud of our varied, enriched curriculum and the confidence and achievements of our pupils.
We are also proud of our collaborative relationship with other schools and agencies. We value every child, parent and member of staff and the contribution each has to make.
Our aim and expectation is for the children who attend our school to leave us in Year 6 with the skills and positive thinking needed to achieve their ambitions and to lead happy, successful lives.
Our ethos and values
The Gifford Mission Statement is:
Working in partnership to provide excellent and enjoyable education which enables all children to achieve their highest standards.
We do this by:
- Giving a high priority to Literacy and Numeracy.
- Enabling our children to have as wide a range of suitable experiences and activities as possible in a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Working in partnership with parents and the wider community.
- Developing enthusiastic lifelong learners and valued members of the community.
- Setting clear values and attitudes within a happy, secure and fair environment.
- Helping pupils to develop personal and moral values, respect for religious values and tolerance of other races, religions and ways to live.
- Providing a happy, healthy, secure and stimulating environment.
At Gifford we believe that:
Adults model behaviour. The interaction and relationships between staff and by staff to the children are crucial to developing the communication and behaviour that we are seeking from our pupils.
Gifford should be an exciting and enjoyable place to learn. Therefore, not only should lessons be lively, challenging and engaging, but also there should be a buzz about our school. This comes from an exciting environment, with a wide range of clubs and activities and from all that we do in providing as wider range of experiences as possible.
We place a huge priority on core skills and especially those in Literacy, Numeracy, Science and ICT.