Parent Support Advisor
Miss BajwaParent Support Advisor
Hello Parents and Carers to the children of Gifford Primary School,
My name is Miss Bajwa, and I am the newly appointed Parent Support Advisor for the School.
My role is to support both children and parents to achieve the five outcomes of the Every Child Matters agenda - the main aims of this being for every child, whatever their background or circumstances, to have the support they need to:
- stay safe
- be healthy
- enjoy and achieve
- make a positive contribution
- achieve economic well-being
I run an open door policy, which means parents can drop in to school to see me, catch me in and around school in a morning or at pick up, or contact our main school office to organise a meeting with me. I can help with a range of matters and all of this advice is offered in a friendly and supportive way.
Some of things I can help with are:
- Provide access to information, letting parents know what is available in the local area
- Support parents and families in all issues relating to school life
- Work to help improve school attendance
- Work with you to support any behaviour issues in, or outside of, school
- Help with any concerns that are affecting your child’s learning in school.
- Direct you to help and advice for a range of issues, e.g. housing, local children’s clubs, play schemes etc.
- Supporting parents through ‘transitions’ – from pre-school / home into reception and from primary into secondary school
- Help and advice for parents of children with Additional needs and Special Educational needs.
- Support and advice for Young Carers and their families.