The Foundation Fund
In the Foundation Key Stage at Gifford Primary school we aim to provide your child a rich curriculum, with a wide range of learning experience.
Young children in particular learn about the world around them through their senses and they love finding out about what they can see through exploring textures, smell, tastes and sounds.
A voluntary contribution of £5 per term would enable us to purchase items which would make a rich curriculum truly exciting for your young child. All the fund money for each academic year will be spent solely on that year group and will not be carried over to the following year.
What does the money provide?
The money will be used to purchase expendable resources which can only be kept or used for a short period.
The resources will include items such as:
- Resources for making play dough
- Sensory play, coloured sand, corn flour, dried rice, pasta, cereals
- Cooking items linked to the learning theme
- Food tasting; healthy eating projects, exploring other cultures
- Outdoor chalks, bubbles
- Gardening; seeds, small plants, compost
- Expendable resources for the home school learning bags
If you have any further questions regarding the Foundation fund, please do not hesitate to speak to your child’s class teacher.